Well I had to go back to real life today. No more vacation from everyday chores. No more family to take Madilyn while I took a quick nap or actually ate a meal instead of inhaling it. I've spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in Utah. Josh was lucky enough to join us for a week and a half but had to head back to work. We blessed Madilyn while we were there and were able to see family and friends. My sister came out with her two cute kids and Madilyn finally met her cousins! We had a blast while we were there. The house was never quiet with 2 babies and a 3 year old but we all had a good time. Some highlights from the trip include: Madilyn being blessed, hanging out with family, going out to eat numerous times at all the restaurants I crave when I'm not there, playing in the snow, snowmobiling (my trip was pretty quick considering I had a baby to feed, but thanks dad for taking me and mom for watching Madilyn in the car at the top of the mountain), and just laughing and enjoying time with family! I was pretty spoiled having all the help with Madilyn from my family while I was there.
We flew home yesterday. The day started off with a huge snowstorm. We passed 12 slideoffs in about a 10 minute stretch on the freeway. Luckily we made it to the airport safe and on time. I was a little nervous flying with Madilyn all alone, especially since she started with a cold the day before. She was perfect on the flight there and barely made a peep. The flight home was a different story. The first flight she was great, but she cried almost the entire second flight. Not just a little wimper either. It was the blood curdling, turning red/purple in the face, tears flowing, choking on your own saliva kind of cry. I tried everything to make her stop but nothing was working. The flight attendant finally told me I could walk her up and down the aisle while the seatbelt sign was still on. So I walked her while trying to avoid any disapproving looks from my fellow passengers. After we landed, the lady in front of me told me she was praying for my baby to be touched by God during the flight (she was probably praying she'd be quiet but I was up for any help/prayers at that point). We finally landed and I'm hoping the next time we fly I'm not alone! Things are much better now. Josh took me out for a delicious dinner at a new restaurant and Madilyn is snuggled up with me ready for bed. Here's a few pictures from the trip:
Elliot reached out to hold Madilyn's hand
Josh's parents with us.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, those pictures are so cute. I do have to say that I'm a little upset that I didn't get to see Madilyn while you were here! You should have called!
I still feel so bad that your flight was so awful! I don't have that picture of the girls holding hands--can you email it to me?
It was great to see you at Grandma's. I glad we ran into each other so I got to meet you cute little one. I hate flying with a baby.
I'm glad you had a good trip (other than the flight home...it is so hard with a baby and being alone.) She looks just beautiful. I'm sure your family already misses her.
Thanks for the update and new photos of your family. All the pictures are so cute. Give Madilyn a kiss from her cousin Lily!
What an adorable blessing dress. She looks so heavenly:)
Post a Comment